We desire to be completely transparent with everything we do. That includes making our pricing public. No need to speak to a sales person or give us your email in order to do some quick comparison shopping. Please remember that often times price a doesn’t equate to value. We believe the quality of our service will not be matched by any of our competitors regardless of if we charge more or less.
Monthly management fee – $89 per month for single family homes. $75 per unit on duplexes & triplexes. We do not charge a management fee for empty units or units with non paying tenants.
Tenant placement / leasing commission – One months rent for placing a tenant. This includes all marketing, showings and screening.
Lease signing / tenant on boarding and / or tenant renewal – $99 fee to renew a lease or sign a lease for tenant coming on board. This is not charged if we just charged you a tenant placement / leasing fee.
Collections– All collections we do from emailing notices, to follow up calls, to text messages, to voice broadcasts, 3 day notice deliveries with out charge to the owner. Evictions in most courts cost $575. Some courts require storage and special move out contractors from their own list which can increase the cost of eviction. Second Cause of Actions (Getting judgement for balance owed) cost another $375. Defending counter suits in collections (either in the case of Second cause of action or security deposit dispute is $275 hour for attorney and $100 per hour of administrative and company representative time) We do directly charge tenants late fees, 3 day notice fees and other fees which are not charged to you as owner.
Lease options – A lease option is like an ordinary real estate sale that is delayed. Because of that we charge a commission. Our total commission is 6%. We collect 50% (min of one months rent) of the non refundable option fee towards our eventual commission when it closes and the balance of the 6% when and if property sells.
City occupancy and permit paperwork – We charge $25.00 to handle the filling out of your city required occupancy paperwork one time.
Statutory agent fee – We charge $6.25 per month to be statutory agent for your company with the Ohio Secretary of State.
Utility processing – We charge $7.50 to handle and process each utility bill received. We charge $25.00 to turn utilities off, turn utilities on or transfer them between parties. We turn on utilities in owners name sent to us. If we are forced to turn it in the company name (which now means we are cosigned on a credit agreement for you) there is a 10% surcharge on top of the face value of the bill for extra cost involved in managing bills that may or may not be paid on owner account but are now our responsibility at a financial level.
Pet warranty – We warranty at no cost to owner up to $3,500 in damage caused by pets over and above any security deposit that might be deducted to pay for pet related damages. This includes trim that is chewed, scratch marks from pets, odor from pets and other pet related damage. This warranty is only good if our maintenance team does the repair work. It will be assumed that all non pet related deductions will first be made on the available security deposit amount. Then pet repair related deductions will be assessed to tenant deposit if available. Any additional cost of pet damage related repairs up to $3500.00 after security deposit deductions will be handled at no cost to owner.We may charge tenant fees to offset risk and may pursue the final balance directly against the tenant. This warranty does not include damage caused by tenant’s pets that are not disclosed to or not authorized by management company. It also does not include damage caused by any animal we are required to accept as a reasonable accommodation under the ADA or other similar federal, state and local regulations.
- Make readies – These are on a per bid basis from from our maintenance department and we back our maintenance with a warranty on parts and labor. We are willing to facilitate getting multiple outside contractors for $50 per contractor bid and 10% surcharge per bid if accepted and used. You are free to use your own contractor outside of our services at no extra cost for make readies. We cannot back or warranty any outside contractors work.
- Large projects on occupied unit – Large work orders that need owner approval are normally sent as a bid for owner approval (except for cases of extreme emergency) by the maintenance division. We are willing to facilitate getting multiple outside contractors for $50 per contractor bid and 10% surcharge per bid if accepted and used. We do not back or warranty any work not done by our company.
- Smaller work orders – Work orders we deem essential to your investment profitability and we estimate total cost to likely be under $500 we normally go ahead and approve it with notice to you. These normally are small enough that it simply is not tenable to get multiple bids on these so we don’t offer that. Some owners choose to use their own contractors for small work orders. We do reserve the right to vet and or to refuse to work with owners contractors if they are not able to work with in our system or do not pass our vetting or do not follow up post work order completion. There is a $35 dispatch fee if we are dispatching and following up on an maintenance technicians not on our team.
- Home warranty – We charge a $55 per work order that we dispatch through a home warranty company.
- Insurance claim management – Managing insurance claims is not part of our property management scope. If we have to manage a claim we charge 10% of the claim and minimum of $350.
- Service call – Our minimum service call charge is $95. This includes an hour of labor and travel. We may have specific inspection related offers that are less than this.
- Periodic inspection scheduled in zip code batches with filter change – We verify previous date of HVAC filter change, check for water leaks in ceilings, check for water leaks under sinks, check for any obvious tenant negligence / damage, check roof from ground and fill out an inspection report which we provide to you. We charge $65 plus cost of multiple filters including any filters we change and any dated filters we drop off.
- Annual aerial inspection – This inspection gives us useful information on exterior issues, updates to the property and can be used in future marketing. It includes a video and email report of roof condition and gutter condition. Cost is $65 and it is done annually by default.
- Weekly vacant property inspections – Walk through to confirm continued condition of property. $0 for first 90 days of vacancy as long as Realty Trust Services, LLC is also marketing property for rent. After 90 days cost of $50 per weekly inspection.
- Replaced smoke detectors – We replace missing or failing smoke detectors with 10 year rated detectors for your safety. Cost of these are $35.
- Gutter cleaning – $100 to clean a home that has gutters at the 1st story level. An extra $25 gutters are at the 2nd story level. An extra $20 if there is a separate garage from the house. Gutter cleaning includes manually removing leaves and debris from gutter as well as downspout
Vacancy – When a property is vacant AND owner is either selling home or otherwise planning on NOT leasing unit then the normal monthly management fee will be charged in order to continue to maintain and service requests for maintenance, lawn mowing and utilities. Also we will require owner maintain a $500 reserve with property while vacant.